Monday, January 27, 2020

Personal Assignment & Background: Fiesta Bowl Fan-Art

A large portion of my interest in animation comes from comic strips, cartoons and video games, all of which led me to draw fan-art as a hobby and influenced my design choices in many art courses. This is some of the most recent fan-art I had drawn of some of PlayStation's mascots, based on an image I saw of a child with the three at the PlayStation Fiesta Bowl in late 2019. From left to right, the mascots shown are Sly Cooper, Ratchet from the Ratchet & Clank series, and Crash Bandicoot. Each of the games they appear in have their designs and animations influenced by those of western cartoons.

The original photo from the Fiesta Bowl this fan-art is based on can be found here on the Instagram page of Cat Power Productions, the costume designers behind the mascots.

No comments:

Post a Comment